Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Neighborhood, Gakuenmae, Nara city







This is a Japanese traditional grocery store, called “Dagashiya”. It is mostly run by an old woman. In that shop, we can buy some snacks, drinks and cigarettes. The price of one snack is around 10 yen ~ 60 yen, so that the main customers of it are kids who go to elementary school. Actually, I went to Dagashiya when I was about 10. Now I go there to buy cigarettes. The reason why it deals with both snacks and cigarette is that it used to sell only cigarette. However, only selling cigarette is tired for the old women, so that they begin to sell snacks in order to enjoy the communications with kids.









This is the coffee shop where I often go to. I like the taste of coffee, master’s talk and the piano. Most of the cases, there are no customers, so that I can enjoy the coffee and playing the piano. The master also deals with organic vegetables, and it is rare in this area. He is also famous as a poet. For both of reasons, he is sometime picked up by TV.
The master wears the black shirt, and other guy is one of his friends who does fortune as his temporary job.
If you have interest in his poetry, please check his blog.

My neighborhood, Gakuenmae, is a place known as elder people's place.
There are many old people who are generally rich. Most of them have large houses and spend money on many things.
Gakuenmae is also known as the residential area where the president of Kintetu Densya living in.

He put his conmany's devote into Gakuenmae, so that Gakuenmae is flourished now.



This is master’s blog.
http://yaoyaro.exblog.jp/

1 comment:

  1. I used to live in Shikanodai so I am happy to see your post. I like the specific information about the shops but I might like to see some sort of overview of your neighborhood.

    Please add the creative commons.

    ReplyDelete